Click here to view the July 21 Schoolzine eNewsletter!
COVID update 20072021
20 Jul 2021
Staff and students that have been in Victoria or South Australia on or since July 8 are not to attend school for the remainder of this week (19-23/7). This is an amendment to the advice provided yesterday to families and is consistent with new advice from Public Health as well as the Department Of Education impacting all schools immediately.
Please make contact with the school office via the app, phone, or email to notify of student absences.
We are expecting further information on Friday (23/7) in relation to attendance next week.
COVID-19 Update – Tasmanian Residents Returning from Victoria
Public Health has determined that with the recent COVID-19 cases across Australia that Tasmanian’s who have been in Victoria (excluding transiting Melbourne Airport) on or since 8 July are required to wear a facemask (if over the age of 12) and limit their movement in the community for only essential purposes until midnight Tuesday the 20 July.
The Tasmanian Government, recognising that in schools and educational settings this can be a more challenging policy to implement, has determined that those students and staff who have been in Victoria (excluding transiting Melbourne airport) from the 8 July are NOT to attend school on Monday 19, Tuesday 20 and Wednesday 21 July.
Those students in Years 11 and 12 that are impacted, are asked to make contact with their school/college to advise of their situation. Every effort will be made to ensure these students are able to continue to participate in their learning.
This is a reminder that although Tasmania is currently tracking well, thanks to everyone’s commitment to doing the right thing, it is important that each one of us remains vigilant and continues to abide by the Public Health guidelines. This includes:
maintaining physical distancing;
practising good hygiene and washing your hands;
getting tested if you have even the mildest of symptoms;
Thank you to all of the families who have participated in the Part Way is Ok program this term. Tomorrow (30 June) will be our last walk to school for the term. Miss Evans and Miss Mac look forward to meeting students at Astor Park by 8:30am and walking to school from there.
June 23 Newsletter
23 Jun 2021
Click here to view the June 23 Schoolzine eNewsletter!
Swimming and Water Safety continues
14 Jun 2021
Swimming & Water Safety continues this week for Yrs 3-5 and ‘at risk’ Yr 6. Don’t forget bathers, towel, underwear and a bag for wet things!
Access to the School from East Derwent Highway
11 Jun 2021
The change to the driveway access to the school did not occur on Wednesday 9 June as expected because of the weather.The driveway access to the school off the East Derwent Highway will now be changed temporarily on Tuesday 15 June or Wednesday 16 June from 9am (weather dependant) to form the new kerbing. Access from the highway will be temporarily located closer towards the Derwent Avenue lights for these days. Once the kerbing work is completed the normal access will be returned, but the surface will be gravel until the end of term. Please take care when entering or leaving the school grounds.
Tasmanian All Schools Cross Country
10 Jun 2021
The Tasmanian All Schools Cross Country will be run on Tuesday 22 June at the Symmons Plains Motorway (11:30am start). This event is for interested students born in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Entry is online only at the following link:
Please note that entry is for individuals only, with the entry fee paid by the individual, and that it is a parental responsibility to provide transport to and from the event if you wish your child to attend. Please ensure you click on the "Individual Entry here" button. Entries close on the Tas Athletics website this Monday, 14 June at 5pm.
1/2S and 1/2D Excursion - Molesworth
10 Jun 2021
Please note that the new date for the 1/2S and 1/2D excursion is now Tuesday 29 June (not 1 July).
Please add the date to your calendar.
1/2D and 1/2S Excursion CANCELLED
10 Jun 2021
Unfortunately due to the predicted forecast, the excursion to Molesworth has been cancelled. We hope to go on Thursday 1 July.