December 12 Newsletter
Click here to view the December 12 Schoolzine eNewsletter!
Final day for Canteen - 14 December
There are only 4 more canteen days left for the year, which means stock is limited. Your child will be notified if they order something that is no longer available and a substitute will be provided. As stock runs out, these items will be removed from the online Qkr! Menu.
November 28 Newsletter
Click here to view the November 28 Schoolzine eNewsletter!
Stop Work Action
20 November 2018
Public sector unions have called stop work action on Wednesday 28 November 2018.
As a result of the number of teaching staff participating in this action, there will not be enough teachers on duty at the school to ensure adequate supervision for students. Therefore the Minister has decided that the school will not open until 10.30am.
This will mean the following arrangements for the day:
- Teaching staff will be on duty for supervision of students from 10:30am
- Classes will commence at 11am - there will be no recess break
- Students can arrive or be dropped off at school from10.30am and up to 11.00am when there will be supervision. There will be no supervision available until 10.30am.
- Metro have advised that they will NOT be providing an additional bus service on 28 November. Therefore the normal school bus schedule will be in place
- Gilberts Coaches are currently in discussions with State Growth regarding provision of additional bus services to get students to school between 10:30 and 11:00am. When we have an answer from State Growth we will advise parents
- Clarence Before School Care will operate as normal between 7:30am and 8:30am. They are unable to offer extended care to 10:30am due to their operational licence
- The canteen will not be open at recess or lunch time. Please provide your child with a packed lunch
I sincerely regret the inconvenience to parents and the disruption to the learning program for students; however, student safety is my primary concern.
Schools Triathlon Cancelled
Due to a severe weather forecast the Schools Triathlon at Bellerive has been postponed. It is hoped that the triathlon can be re-scheduled
November 14 Newsletter
Click here to view the November 14 Schoolzine eNewsletter!
LNPS Market Day 3/11/2018
Don't forget our Market Day on 3/11 between 10am and 2pm. This is a fundraiser for the school. Please come along and support LNPS.
October 31 Newsletter
Click here to view the October 31 Schoolzine eNewsletter!
Change of Assembly time - Wed 24/10
Please note that our assembly will be from 1:40 - 2:10pm on Wed 24/10 not the usual start and finish times. Apologies for any inconvenience
Stop Work Rally 24/10/2018
Dear Parents / Carers
Tomorrow, Wednesday 24 October there will a Stop Work Rally for all Public Sector Unions. This will have some impact on our usual school operations.
We will remain open for our normal school hours (8.30am – 2.45pm). However, there will be changes to our end of day leaving arrangements due to staff attending the Rally.
Arrangements are as follows:
Students from Kindergarten to Year 2 will be dismissed or be collected by parents from the Kindergarten playground at the usual time of 2.45pm.
Years 3 - 6
Students in Years 3-6 will be dismissed or be collected from the bottom oval at the usual time of 2.45pm.
All students will have their bag with them and be supervised by teachers and teacher assistants who are not attending the “Stop Work Rally” at Franklin Square. This change in process will only effect the last 15 minutes of the day.
As always, the safety of our students and staff is our number one priority. As such, supervision will be greater than a normal recess or lunch.
For those students who catch buses these will run at normal times and be supervised as per normal.
In the case of rain we will use the lecture theatre for K-2 students and the gym for Years 3-6.
If you have any queries please ask a member of staff or contact the office.